Sunday, March 20, 2011

Little Pink Handbags







Photos: Callies Portrait Photography


Last year I fell in love with Christian Louboutin's pink tulle cluch featured in Elle and several bridal magazines. Unfortunately the price tag was $875.00 What's a girl to do? So I drove to TJ Maxx and bought a silver Jessica McClintock cluch and set about transforming it with some old jewelry and a little pink tulle. I gathered yards and yards of pink tulle on the sewing machine and carfully hand stiched it onto my handbag until all the silver satin was completley covered. Then I added rows of rhinestones by taking apart a bracelet. I glued on a vintage bow pin with a pearl center on one side of the top and a peice of an old rhinstone ring on the other side. The effect was similar and will have to do for a girl on a budget.


The next handbag I converted is made of pink ostrich feather. I added some additional ostrich in a paler shade from an old boa and pinned a vintage rhinestone brooch to the top for a touch of glamour. This is the perfect size for a credit card and a tube of lipgloss but not much more. I always get lots of compliments on this bag and love to swing it from my wrist and watch the feathers flutter in the wind. This bag looks great with a pair of jeans and my pink stilletos for a casual date with my hubby.

The little satin makeup bag was a pretty pink color but nothing special. To jazz it up a bit I added a large slubbed silk bow and stiched a rhinestone tiara on the center. Then I added a large pearl on a ribbon to the zipper pull to make it princess worthy.


Hope this has inspired you to get out your glue guns girls. Don't be limited by your wallets, where there's a will there's a way! Live beautifully.

2 comments: