Monday, March 4, 2013

Floral Door Knockers and Stoppers

Over the years I have collected a couple of antique cast iron floral door knockers and stoppers.  The pictures above are some beauties I found on ebay and added to my wish list.  My interest in them stems from my love of Quelques Fleurs perfume.  If you look at my previous post you will see the Houbigant logo is a small basket of flowers.  When Houbigant first set up shop in Paris in 1775, his sign was painted with a basket of flowers.  That became his official symbol and was used on many compacts, powder boxes and perfume labels.  The door knocker on my own front door is from Paris.  It stands as a reminder to fill my home with the lovely frangrance of flowers as often as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad you shared these one. These are really amazing. And these inspires me to give my front door a new look thru using eye-catching door knockers.
    FabbriCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sto cercando un fermaporte con cesto di fiori vintage.
    Hai ancora disponibili i basket?

    ReplyDelete