Friday, April 8, 2011

The Rose Garden at L'Hay-les-Roses Paris















Undoubtedly the most beautiful rose garden in the world, L'Hay-les Roses was created in 1899 by Jules Gravereaux and restored in 1939 just outside of paris in Val-du-Marne. It houses an ancient collection of rare roses, 85% of the 16,000 plants were created before 1950. The fragrance is spectacular as you can well imagine. These photos are taken in mid June when the roses are in full bloom. It is a glorious sight to behold and the primary reason I went to visit Paris in the first place. I collect pink moss roses which are very old and a bit hard to find but have a strong fragrance and beautiful form.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh my!!! I just discovered your blog and I have to say I'm in love with every single post! This has got to be one of the most loveliest places I've ever seen....right out of a fairytale...even Aphrodite would be jealous of such a place!

    Regina @ Margarita Bloom
    http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete