Sunday, July 24, 2011

Petite Boudoir



















































































































































































































We live in an old craftsman style farmhouse with very little rooms and even less storage. I know it is a crime, but I painted over perfectly beautiful wood antiques: bed, armoire and vanity, to soften up the room. It is amazing how much stuff I crammed in here. I bought pretty hooks from Anthropologie to hang long nities from my doors. The walls are a pale salmon pink that glow in the amber chandelier lighting. I added moulding to the armoire and doors of the closet to blend it with the french bed. I bought Bella Notte linens in the pale pink color called Petal for my bedding ensemble in velvet, silk and damask...beautiful and washable! The chandelier is Italian Tole picked up on my first trip to Paris. It has pink and yellow delicate porcelain roses with amber, smoke and coffee colored crystals. I love to lay in bed and remember my trip as I stare at the crystals glittering in the soft light.








































5 comments: